shutterstock_2270918469 scaled

Apprenticeships 101

05/02/2024

Insights

What is an Apprenticeship?

An apprenticeship provides you with the opportunity to gain valuable experience while learning, combining practical training with studying. 80% of the working hours are spent learning on-the-job, with the other 20% spent on classroom-based teaching methods.

The hands-on experience also provides you with a chance to ‘earn while you learn’, meaning paid employment with holiday leave. At the end of your course you will face a formal assessment which will result in a nationally recognised qualification, boosting your employability.

How to get an Apprenticeship

Searching for apprenticeships can initially be a confusing and overwhelming experience for some. Each employer will have their own unique application process making the process that much harder to manage.

A good place to start searching is on the government website: Find an apprenticeship. The majority of apprenticeships opportunities can be found here and setting up an account to start applying is free of charge.  Employers may also advertise on their own website, where some have a page solely dedicated to their employment pathways such as graduate schemes and placement years.

It is important to keep a track of all your applications and make a note of upcoming deadlines. Different employers will work on different timescales and juggling everything can become challenging. Being organised will increase your chances of employability and reduce the likelihood of missing key openings.

The process of applying for apprenticeships is much like a job application. As each employer will have their own unique hiring procedure, it is crucial you carefully read each vacancy and treat it individually. You will likely be asked to submit a CV and answer some questions about yourself. If successful with the first stage, varying rounds may proceed until you are asked to an interview.

About Eddisons

Eddisons is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, working in fast moving and dynamic markets across the UK and overseas. Established in 1844 and operating from over 30 offices throughout the UK, our people deliver expert advice and a comprehensive range of professional services to property owners and occupiers, businesses, and financial institutions. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver highly effective and innovative solutions for our clients.

Our Apprenticeships

At Eddisons, we currently offer three apprenticeship paths dependant on your interests. You can find all of our apprenticeship vacancies on the careers section of our website.

Advanced Apprenticeships- Level 3

An advanced apprenticeship is equivalent to two A-level passes and typically last 15-18 months. It the perfect place to start gaining work experience out of school while working towards a nationally recognised qualification. Entry requirements usually consist of five GCSE passes or completion of a level 2 apprenticeship.

  • Property Manager Apprentice
  • Apprentice Assistant Accountant

Degree Apprencticeships- Level 6

A level 6 apprenticeship is a new opportunity to obtain a full bachelor's degree. The entry requirements vary depending on the companies and sectors but will generally require level 3 qualifications, such as A-levels, and last three to six years.

  • Apprentice Building Surveyor

Get in touch with the Eddisons team

Please contact us for more details and information

Related reading

View All
Why the Grey Belt definition needs to develop and expand aerial view of a posh housing estate of executive detached houses built on green belt land in England

Insights

Why the Grey Belt definition needs to develop and expand

Read More
Is Ed Miliband a safe pair of hands for the Net Zero goals? ed miliband

Insights

Is Ed Miliband a safe pair of hands for the Net Zero goals?

Read More
Retail: an independent state of mind Screenshot 2024 06 27 122038

Insights

Retail: an independent state of mind

Read More
The Acquisition Route to Growth shutterstock_2072684885

Insights

The Acquisition Route to Growth

Read More
View Meet the Team
CTA grid   Our Team

Our team

We're proud to employ more than 450 talented individuals working across a multitude of disciplines.

Find Your Nearest Office
UK Map   Dotted

Office finder

Eddisons is rapidly growing; emphasised by our nationwide network of 30 offices across the UK.

Get In Touch with Eddisons
CTA grid   Contact Us

Contact us

We're ready to take your call and can quickly pass you through to the right department.

Sign Up To Our Newsletter
CTA grid   Newsletter

Newsletter

Join thousands of property managers, occupiers, landlords and investors receiving the latest insights.

This site uses cookies to monitor site performance and provide a more responsive and personalised experience. You must agree to our use of certain cookies. For more information on how we use and manage cookies, please read our Privacy Policy.