Yarborough Academy in Grimsby had suffered substantial water leaking in throughout the entire building due to the existing roof covering. We were instructed to assess the damage, assist the school with their application for funding to the Education & Skills Funding Agency and then rectify the damaged roof - managing all works and contractors.
An Eddisons Chartered surveyor met the client to fully understand their requirements and gather a detailed brief.
- Multiple surveys were conducted to gather sufficient evidence to make a compelling application for funding.
- Surveys involved the use of protimeters and specialist roofing manufacturers taking core samples of the roof covering and insulation beneath, to fully understand the severity of the defects.
- On successful award of funding, we conducted a competitive tender process obtaining quotes from approved contractors to achieve best value for money.
- The CIF application was successful and the academy awarded nearly £500,000 to complete Phase 1.
- Our surveyor acted as Contract Administrator working closely with the school and contractors to ensure successful delivery.
- Delivered with no impact on time constraints or budget.
- Phase 1 now complete and Phase 2 (includes refurbishing internal damaged areas) due to complete early 2018.