Our hugely experienced Vacant Property Compliance department work with a large number of clients, predominantly businesses with industrial premises, to provide specialist site monitoring and clearance services in even the most challenging situations.
Our commitment to quality is unparalleled and we pride ourselves on providing advice that is robust and, critically, ensuring you are fully compliant in your commercial activity.
The services we provide impact in a number of ways. We regularly undertake full risk assessments and ensure sites are fully compliant with the right level of insurance cover. We can also ensure sites are safe and secure – both in terms of employees and their daily work, but also to counter any criminal activity such as intrusion and theft. We also work with clients who are looking to make their site more attractive to prospective purchasers.
The key features of our site monitoring and clearance services are particularly extensive and these services are deliverable across the UK:
- We are able to offer advice on the potential use of existing electronic security that may exist at a site, including access control, CCTV, fire alarm, intruder alarm, and electronic gates/door entry.
- Site clearance (internal and external) of waste, combustible materials, gas bottles, etc. Approved contractor removal of hazardous materials (asbestos and chemicals).
- Maintenance of site grounds, including grass cutting and foliage cut back. Graffiti removal.
- Pest control, including (wasps nests, mice, rats and pigeons).
- Site internal deep cleaning, to assist in preparing a site for viewings/sale.
- Fuel tank drain downs, including oil, diesel, petrol, LPG and Calor gas
- Man guarding and professional SIA-regulated mobile patrol response to alarm activations.
- Periodic property inspections (normally fortnightly, but available at any frequency, depending on need).
- Lock change: Mortice, Euro Cylinder, Yale and Padlock to BS 3621 – plus additional key cutting.
- Switch off utilities – Electricity, Gas, Water – plus drain down of heating system.
- Meter readings, including photograph of meter reading and meter serial number.
- Health & Safety signage – to conform to public liability requirements.
- Signs including – ‘Danger unsafe building keep out’, ‘Private property keep out’, ‘Danger of drowning’, ‘Caution fragile roof’, ‘Danger deep excavations’, ‘Hazardous substances’, ‘Warning razor wire’.
- Key holding services, enabling open and close up of sites and accompanied viewings.
- Roof repairs (temporary or full repairs).
- Temporary perimeter fencing (Heras or palisade).
- External boarding of doors and windows with 19mm external shuttering grade plywood.
- External metal sheet and metal key coded doors.
- Letter box sealing/securing.
For further information, please contact our dedicated Vacant Property Compliance team on 0113 241 1320.