Eddisons were appointed to assist Parkside Academy in Co Durham with two funding applications to replace dilapidated windows and curtain walling of a three-storey teaching block, and for improvements to the ventilation in the kitchen facilities. The Academy also requested that school colours were incorporated within the refurbishment works.
- A chartered building surveyor gathered a full brief and undertook detailed inspection.
- We provide an options appraisal and recommendations to the senior leadership team.
- Once designs were agreed, two funding applications were drafted and submitted to the ESFA – satisfying all requirements.
- On successful award the majority of work was scheduled for the summer – given the complexity and potential disruption.
- Eddisons managed an early design process and competitive tender to secure an approved contractor in order for materials to be ordered early and demonstrate value for money.
- Two successful funding applications were submitted securing over £800,000.
- Disruption was minimised with the project occurring over the summer period and finishing ahead of the anticipated completion date.
- Works were completed in line with application costs.